Admission to this program is contingent upon admission to the Graduate School. In addition, applicants must have a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university and must have preliminary preparation and the ability to pursue graduate study in physiology. Students who have a baccalaureate degree from a non-basic or life science discipline will be considered for admission on a case by case basis. Regular admission may be authorized if the applicant’s undergraduate honor point average is 2.75 or above.
- Complete the online application at: Graduate Admissions
- Statement of Purpose ( submit with the online applications)
- Current curriculum vitae or resume (upload for submission submitted with the online applications)
- Official Transcripts from all accredited colleges or universities
- Foreign applicants: Beginning winter 2017 semester all students with international transcripts must submit an official transcript evaluation completed by World Education Services (WES). Please do not send any official academic records to WSU. The official transcript evaluation must be transmitted directly from WES to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- TOEFL scores (international applicants)
- Three official letters of recommendation are required
- Copies of published abstracts/journal articles where you are listed as an author (optional)
Eligibility for the Ph.D. program is determined by the Departmental Graduate Program Committee. Decisions are based upon the applicant's academic credentials, technical experience, and interview.
Correspondence and Information requests can be sent via email to: Dr. Steve Cala or Christine Cupps.