- Vasquez AA, Hudson P, Keeler F, Armenio P, Fujimoto M, Ram JL.. 2015. Molecular barcode identification and new description of a Eurytemora subtype in the Laurentian Great Lakes. In preparation.
- Failla AJ, Vasquez AA, Hudson P, Fujimoto M, Ram JL. Morphological identification and COI barcodes of adult flies help determine species identities of chironomid larvae (Diptera, Chironomidae). Bull Entomol Res. 2015 Jun 15:1-13. PMID: 26072670
- Failla AJ, Vasquez AA, Fujimoto M, Ram JL. The ecological, economic and public health impacts of nuisance chironomids and their potential as aquatic invaders. Aquatic Invasions (2015) Volume 10, Issue 1: 1–15
- Sheikh H, Zakharian K, De La Torre RP, Facek C, Vasquez A, Chaudhry GR, Svinarich D, Perez-Cruet MJ. In vivo intervertebral disc regeneration using stem cell-derived chondroprogenitors. J Neurosurg Spine. 2009 Mar;10(3):265-72. PMID: 19320588
- Fecek C, Yao D, Kaçorri A, Vasquez A, Iqbal S, Sheikh H, Svinarich DM, Perez-Cruet M, Chaudhry GR. Chondrogenic derivatives of embryonic stem cells seeded into 3D polycaprolactone scaffolds generated cartilage tissue in vivo. Tissue Eng Part A. 2008 Aug;14(8):1403-13. PMID: 18462064
- Chaudhry GR, Fecek C, Lai MM, Wu WC, Chang M, Vasquez A, Pasierb M, Trese MT. Fate of embryonic stem cell derivatives implanted into the vitreous of a slow retinal degenerative mouse model. Stem Cells Dev. 2009 Mar;18(2):247-58. PMID: 18442304
- Yao D, Smith A, Nagarajan P, Vasquez A, Dang L, Chaudhry GR. Fabrication of polycaprolactone scaffolds using a sacrificial compression-molding process. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2006 May;77(2):287-95. PMID: 16292759
Awards & Honors
- Marion I. Barnhart Graduate Student Award - Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine (2015-2016)
- Initaitive fro Maximizing Student Development (IMSD) predoctoral Fellowship (2015-2017)
- Travel Award from the Office of the Vice President for Research, Wayne State University 2015. Wayne State University delegation to Belize for an interaction with Ministers of the Belizean Government, Belizean and Mexican Scientists including Local and Regional meetings with collaborators in Aquatic Research.
- Enhancement Graduate Research Assistantship 2012. Wayne State University.
- Enhancement Summer Graduate Research Award 2012. Wayne State University.
- Graduate Research Enhancement Award 2010. Wayne State University.
- Research Excellence Award for Graduate Studies 2004-2006. Oakland University Center for Biomedical Research, Rochester, MI
- Recognized by International Students and Scholars of Oakland University for academic excellence April 2005. Oakland University, Rochester, MI
- International Students and Scholars Office Service Scholarship April 2003. Oakland University, Rochester, MI
- Provost Award for Undergraduate Student Research Scholar November 2002. Oakland University, Rochester, MI
- Recipient of a two week terrestrial and marine fellowship by Leading Conservation and Ecological Research Driven Belizean NGO: Programme for Belize. July 1995. Belize Central America.
Jeffrey Ram, Ph.D.
- B.S. in Biology, Corozal Junior College, Belize (2003)
- M.S. in Cellular Biology, Oakland University, Michigan (2006)
- M.S. in Molecular and Developmental Biology, Wayne State University (2013)