The Faculty of the Department of Physiology at WSU SOM are activately engaged in many exciting and cutting-edge areas of research in basic and applied physiology and pathophysiology.
Areas of concentration in the Department include:
- Cardiovascular pathophysiology and muscle contractility
- Neural regulation of peripheral organ systems
- Ischemia and reperfusion injury of heart and brain
- Basic cellular physiology of endocrine signallin
- Biochemical and biophysical studies of ion transport, and cellular stress responses
- Respiratory Physiology and Sleep