Noreen Rossi, M.D.
Noreen Rossi, M.D.
Office AddressHarper Profession Bldg., 4160 John R, No. 908
Professor with Tenure
Department of Physiology (Primary)
Department of Internal Medicine (Secondary)
Areas of Interest
Electrolyte disorders, renal disease, resistant hypertension, lupus nephritis
Dr. Rossi is Professor of Physiology with a secondary appointment in Internal Medicine. She received her M.D. from Yale University and completed residency education at Vanderbilt University Hospitals. She pursued further training in nephrology and renal physiology at the University of Colorado Health Sciences center. Her interests in physiology focus on the integrated neural, cardiovascular, and renal mechanisms in normal and disease states.
Dr. Rossi has garnered continuous extramural funding for 35 years from NKF, AHA, VA and NIH. Her research interests focus on two major areas: (1) central vasopressin regulation in various pathological conditions including stress and (2) angiotensin dependent and diet associated salt sensitive and models of hypertension. Current studies explore the role of paraventricular vasopressinergic receptors in sympathoexcitation, arterial pressure, baroreflex regulation. Additional studies investigate the mechanisms of afferent renal nerves and efferent renal sympathetic nerves in fructose-induced salt sensitive hypertension, aortic compliance, and cardiac contractility.
- Neuro-humoral regulation of systemic circulation in health and disease states
- Exercise training effects on systemic hemodynamics and renal sodium handling
- Dietary impact on renin-dependant and/or salt-sensitive hypertension
I am not accepting any new students at this time.
A complete list of Dr. Rossi's publications can be found at the following link:
Post Graduate Training
- 1978-79 Internship, Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine Vanderbilt University Hospitals, Nashville, Tennessee
- 1979-81 Residency, Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine Vanderbilt University Hospitals, Nashville, Tennessee
- 1981-82 Clinical Fellowship, Nephrology, Division of Renal Diseases University of Colorado HSC, Denver, Colorado
- 1982- 85 Research Fellowship, Nephrology, Division of Renal Diseases University of Colorado HSC, Denver, Colorado
- Role of the kidneys and hypothalamic hormones and other vasoactive hormones in regulation of blood pressure