Pablo Ortiz, Ph.D.
Pablo Ortiz, Ph.D.
Office AddressHenry Ford Hospital, E & R Building, 7th Floor, Grand Blvd., Detroit, MI
Position TitleDivision Head and Ward Endowed Chair of Hypertension; Hypertension and Vascular Research Division (HFHS)
I am accepting new MS and PhD students for the 2019-20 academic year.
Laboratory Web Site
For a complete list of Dr. Ortiz's publicatiuons: Ortiz-PubMed
Post Graduate Training
- Junior Instructor, Analytical Chemistry, National University of Cordoba, Argentina, 1996.
- Rotation in Molecular Virology and Microbiology Laboratory, L.A.C.E. (specialized clinical chemistry laboratory), National University of Cordoba, Argentina, Feb.-Aug. 1996.
- Research Fellowship in Clinical Chemistry Laboratory, L.A.C.E., National University of Cordoba, Argentina, Aug. 1996-May 1998.
- Research Fellowship, Dr. Luis I. Juncos' laboratory, I.P.E.M. (Renal Physiology Laboratory), Cordoba-Argentina, May 98-Jan 1999.
- Research fellowship. Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, 1999-2003
Awards & Honors
- Caroline tum Suden/Francis A. Hellebrandt Professional Opportunity Award, Committee on Women in Physiology of the American Physiological Society, April 2000.
- American Physiological Society Award for Excellence in Renal Research, FASEB meeting, April, 2000.
- Young Investigator Award, American Heart Association, Council of High Blood Pressure Research. September 2002.
- Chair, symposium on Molecular regulation of NO synthases. Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology Meeting, April, 2003.
- Young Investigator Award from the Inter-American Society of Hypertension (First Price). April 2003.
- Young Investigator Award, American Heart Association, Council of High Blood Pressure Research. September 2003.
- Research Recognition Award. American Physiological Society-Renal Section. Experimental Biology meeting, April 20, 2004.
- New Investigator Travel Award. FASEB summer Conferences: Renal Microcirculatory and Tubular Dynamics. June 29 2004.
- New Investigator Award. American Heart Association- Kidney Council, October 2004.
- Co-Chair, Regulation of Renal Transporters symposium. Experimental Biology 2006.
- American Physiological Society, Lazaro J. Mandel Young Investigator Award 2006.
- New Investigator Award. Renal Section, American Physiological Society. Experimental Biology meeting, May 1 2007.
- 2006 Paper of the Year AJP-Renal. American Physiological Society. Experimental Biology meeting, May 1 2007.
- 2010-Young Investigator Award- American Physiological Society-Renal Section
- Chair and Organizer, Experimental Biology 2011 Symposium on Molecular Imaging in Renal Physiology.
- 1999 M.S. in Biochemistry, National University of Cordoba
- 2003 Ph.D. in Physiology, University of Buenos Aires