Pablo Ortiz, Ph.D.
Pablo Ortiz, Ph.D.
Henry Ford Hospital, E & R Building, 7th Floor, Grand Blvd., Detroit, MI
Division Head and Earl Ward Endowed Chair of Hypertension; Hypertension and Vascular Research Division (HFHS)
Areas of Interest
I am not accepting new MS and PhD students for the 2020-21 academic year
For a complete list of Dr. Ortiz's publicatiuons: Ortiz-PubMed
Post Graduate Training
•Junior Instructor, Analytical Chemistry, National University of Cordoba, Argentina, 1996.
•Rotation in Molecular Virology and Microbiology Laboratory, L.A.C.E. (specialized clinical chemistry laboratory), National University of Cordoba, Argentina, Feb.-Aug. 1996.
•Research Fellowship in Clinical Chemistry Laboratory, L.A.C.E., National University of Cordoba, Argentina, Aug. 1996-May 1998.
•Research Fellowship, Dr. Luis I. Juncos' laboratory, I.P.E.M. (Renal Physiology Laboratory), Cordoba-Argentina, May 98-Jan 1999.
•Research fellowship. Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, 1999-2003
Awards & Honors
- Caroline tum Suden/Francis A. Hellebrandt Professional Opportunity Award, Committee on Women in Physiology of the American Physiological Society, April 2000.
- American Physiological Society Award for Excellence in Renal Research, FASEB meeting, April, 2000.
- Young Investigator Award, American Heart Association, Council of High Blood Pressure Research. September 2002.
- Chair, symposium on Molecular regulation of NO synthases. Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology Meeting, April, 2003.
- Young Investigator Award from the Inter-American Society of Hypertension (First Price). April 2003.
- Young Investigator Award, American Heart Association, Council of High Blood Pressure Research. September 2003.
- Research Recognition Award. American Physiological Society-Renal Section. Experimental Biology meeting, April 20, 2004.
- New Investigator Travel Award. FASEB summer Conferences: Renal Microcirculatory and Tubular Dynamics. June 29 2004.
- New Investigator Award. American Heart Association- Kidney Council, October 2004.
- Co-Chair, Regulation of Renal Transporters symposium. Experimental Biology 2006.
- American Physiological Society, Lazaro J. Mandel Young Investigator Award 2006.
- New Investigator Award. Renal Section, American Physiological Society. Experimental Biology meeting, May 1 2007.
- 2006 Paper of the Year AJP-Renal. American Physiological Society. Experimental Biology meeting, May 1 2007.•2010-Young Investigator Award- American Physiological Society-Renal Section
- Chair and Organizer, Experimental Biology 2011 Symposium on Molecular Imaging in Renal Physiology.
1999 M.S. in Biochemistry, National University of Cordoba
2003 Ph.D. in Physiology, University of Buenos Aires