Areas of Interest
I was a general medical practitioner for about three years prior to my current enrolment onto the MSc
Medical Sciences program at the Newcastle University in the UK in September 2019. Even though I have
long been desirous of pursuing a career in the basic medical sciences (as I strongly believe that these
form the bedrock upon which the future of medicine will be built), my three-year clinical experience has
made my passion to pursue research and teaching in these sciences resolute. I encountered scores of
pregnant women with various complications of pregnancy; the devastating ones being those who
presented with severe pre-eclampsia or eclampsia. I still remember quite well the case of one woman
who had developed a concealed placental abruption as a sequela of severe pre-eclampsia, leading to
intrauterine fetal demise and subsequently disseminated intravascular coagulopathy. These experiences
and memories motivate me constantly to strive to understand the mechanisms underlying the adverse
cardiovascular events in pregnancy to enable me help improve on the existing treatment protocols and
preferably introduce better preventive tools.
- Maxwell A, Adzibolosu N, Hu A, Stemmer PM, Ruden DM, Petriello MC, Sadagurski M, Debarba LK, Koshko L, Ramadoss J, Nguyen AT, Richards D, Liao A, Mor G, Ding J. Intrinsic sexual dimorphism in the placenta determines the differential response to benzene exposure. iScience 26, 106287, April 21, 2023 doi.org/10.1016/j.isci.2023.106287
- Tedja R, Alvero AB, Fox A, Cardenas C, Pitruzzello M, Chehade H, Bawa T, Adzibolosu N, Gogoi R, Mor G. Generation of Stable Epithelial-Mesenchymal Hybrid Cancer Cells with Tumorigenic Potential. Cancers (Basel). 2023 Jan 22;15(3):684. doi: 10.3390/cancers15030684. PMID: 36765641
- Chehade H, Purandare N, Fox A, Adzibolosu N, Jayee S, Singh A, Tedja R, Gogoi R, Aras S, Grossman LI, Mor G, Alvero AB. MNRR1 is a driver of ovarian cancer progression. Transl Oncol. 2023 Jan 13;29:101623. doi: 10.1016/j.tranon.2023.101623. PMID: 36641875
- Chehade H, Tedja R, Ramos H, Bawa TS, Adzibolosu N, Gogoi R, Mor G, Alvero AB. Regulatory Role of the Adipose Microenvironment on Ovarian Cancer Progression. Cancers (Basel). 2022 May 1;14(9):2267. doi: 10.3390/cancers14092267. PMID: 35565396 Free PMC article. Review.
- Ding J, Maxwell A, Adzibolosu N, Hu A, You Y, Liao A, Mor G. Mechanisms of immune regulation by the placenta: Role of type I interferon and interferon-stimulated genes signaling during pregnancy. Immunol Rev. 2022 Jul;308(1):9-24. doi: 10.1111/imr.13077. PMID: 35306673
2020 Newcastle University - MS in Medical Science
2016 Kwame Nkruham University - MBBS
2013 Kwane Nkrumah University - B.Sc.