Ankita Bachhawat Jaykumar
- Jaykumar AB, Caceres PS, Sablabam I, Bakhos TA, Ortiz PA. Real time monitoring of NKCC2 endocytosis by total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2015 Nov 4:ajprenal.00104.2015. PMID: 26538436
- Bao J, Bielski E, Bachhawat A, Taha D, Gunther LK, Thirumurugan K, Kitajiri S, Sakamoto T. R1 motif is the major actin-binding domain of TRIOBP-4. Biochemistry. 2013 Aug 6;52(31):5256-64. PMID: 23789641
- Bachhawat AJ, Shihabudeen MS, Thirumurugan K. Screening of fifteen Indian ayurvedic plants for alpha-glucosidase inhibitory activity and enzyme kinetics. Int. l J Pharmacy & Pharm Sci. Vol 3, Suppl 4, 2011.
Awards & Honors
- Marion I. Barnhart Graduate Student Award - Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine (2015-2016)
- Kidney Council New Investigator Travel Award to attend and present at the American Heart Association’s Council on Hypertension annual meeting in September 2016
- American Heart Association Pre-Doctoral Grant - Title: “Role of ALMS1 in NKCC2 endocytosis and NaCl reabsorption in the thick ascending limb.” (1/1/2016-12/31/2017)
- Annual Hypertension Conference Travel Award for New Investigators - to attend the 2015 Council of Hypertension - American Heart Association Annual Meeting (September 2015; Washington D.C.
Pablo Ortiz, PhD
- BS Mount Carmel College
- MS VIT University